Friday, December 31, 2010

New Year's Eve Party

Here's how we threw a New Year's Eve party (4 year old style):

We made decorations:


Masks and noisemakers:
Looked at our hot-off-the-presses blog book from this year and discussed resolutions. We played a toss game in which the girls threw a ball and tried to get it through the 0 in 2011. If they made it in they told me a resolution they could make for the year. Some were serious and some were funny. I'm sure they didn't truly understand, but they sure had fun.

I also made a city skyline with my Cricut and my own very crude ball to drop at "midnight." (Simply aluminum foil wrapped over some recycled paper squished into a ball.) We discussed what happens in New York on New Year's Eve and counted backwards from 10. When we reached 0 we celebrated by giving everyone hugs, making noise and wishing everyone Happy New Years.

Then we ate our special cake and fudge numbers that spelled 2011. (I must be honest -- the fudge was for me. I gave away all of my Christmas fudge to neighbors and didn't even get a bite. I certainly could have made the numbers out of bread, apples, cheese or any number of healthier things, but this was a great excuse to make more fudge.)

No comments:

Post a Comment